Design Research Activities in a Diagram

Erin Yu erin.yu at utoronto.ca
Thu May 14 21:34:45 UTC 2009

... but what is JIRA?

JIRA is an bug/issue tracking project management software that the
Fluid team uses to keep track of
- the tasks to be done/ being done
- who's doing them
- what the priorities are.

We are setting up "filters" in JIRA to organize our design activities
according the diagram on the wiki page below.
> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/download/attachments/6820875/Research%20tasks.png

The JIRA tasks in the first design iteration (named Engage Design
Iteration 01) are listed here:
http://issues.fluidproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10207
As you can see, most of the tasks are categorized into "Research"
under Components, since we are in the initial research phase of the
project. Each task summary starts with the sub-category (e.g.
Benchmarking:, Survey:, etc.) so that the tasks can be sorted by
Summary.

Hope this is giving you a more clear picture.
Let me know if you have any questions or ideas!
Erin