Tab Preview Overlay "component" - possible new Fluid component?

Jonathan Hung jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:27:24 UTC 2009

Hi All.

In doing some competitive analysis of OCR software, I discovered a neat
little feature of OmniPage 16.

For lack of a better name, I've called it "Tab Preview Overlay". Basically
by hovering your mouse over a tab, you get a preview of its contents
overlaid your current view. This is an interesting solution to solving the
"tab hunting" problem of tabbed interfaces.

See attached image for an example of how it looks in OmniPage.

To make this component a little more accessible, it would be great if
somehow a screen reader can read back the headers or summarize the content
of the hovered tab.

An interesting little nugget hidden in an otherwise challenging interface.
:)

- Jonathan.

---
Jonathan Hung / jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Fluid Project - ATRC at University of Toronto
Tel: (416) 946-3002