Inline Edit "remove" button & JAWS

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Wed May 13 01:00:04 UTC 2009

The remove is after the title.  The screen reader should read the
title of the thing, then several attributes about it (teaching
assistant, logistics, class size, etc.) then remove is the last thing
in the row.  I think remove item might be vague in this case.  Which
item -- one of the attributes?

Could we add some context by inserting the type of thing.  In this
case, it would be "remove section".  But what the thing is could be a
configuration option. Or is that a bad idea for implementation reasons?

-Daphne

Daphne Ogle
Senior Interaction Designer
daphne at media.berkeley.edu