JAWS announces that an inline edit area is a button

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Tue May 12 21:12:56 UTC 2009

The below suggestion may work.  Clearly any attempt to solve this
problem i going to have some complication as we are trying to force
technology to do something that it wasn't designed to do.

If someone want to throw together a quick example of an inline edit
using this approach I'd be happy to assess it with a few screen-readers.

HTH,
Everett