JAWS announces that an inline edit area is a button

Michael S Elledge elledge at msu.edu
Tue May 12 15:36:58 UTC 2009

This is an excellent discussion. It sounds like designating the Inline
Edit as a textbox role could make the most sense.

Also, the Use Case Storyboard for Inline Edit
(http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Simple+Text+Inline+Edit+Storyboard)
calls for a couple of things that could help. One is the announcement
"click item to edit" after the editable line receives focus and is read,
the other is identifying the type of information to be removed when
focus moves to the Remove button, i.e., "Remove this *section*."

Could these additions help solve the problems? As you mention, helpful
information should be contextual and proximate.

Mike