Inline Edit "remove" button & JAWS

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Mon May 11 21:07:37 UTC 2009

Depending on the AT in use rows are not apparent to AT users.
However, in the case that a row is not apparent, the concept of an
"item" is likely also not apparent.  For example, is the "Remove this
item" button or checkbox at the beginning or end of the item?

I would argue that users should be expected to have reasonably recent
technology, we cannot code against JAWS 4.5, but at the same time rows
aren't fully apparent on OSX 10.5.6 with Voiceover and Safari 4beta,
so I'm not sure what an alternative solution would be.

HTH,
Everett

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt