Fluid Engage Design Activities

Erin Yu erin.yu at utoronto.ca
Thu May 7 20:33:36 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

James, Muriel, Tona and I met this morning to talk about design
approaches and deliverables for Fluid Engage. The minutes are
summarized on the wiki: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Design+Meeting+-+May+7%2C+2009

In particular, we discussed ways to learn about both museum curators
and visitors. Here are preliminary plans for conducting user research:
Contextual Inquiry with Partner Museums on an on-going/iterative basis
Visit partner museums: McCord in May, MMI in June, DIA in September
Develop scenarios, check scenarios against core partners (MMI, DIA,
McCord, etc.)
Ethnography with Local Museums
Doing ethnographic research with a local museum (in Toronto,
Barcelona, and Vancouver) on a weekly basis
Survey with museum goers
Surveys: create our own, and see what museums have done already)
Survey design: reaching broad visitor demographic. Online and on paper.
Qualititative research first, to help define the surveys (quantitative
research)
On-going design team meeting
Find a time for our team members in Barcelona, Toronto, Vancouver to
meet regularly (weekly or more) to meet and discuss
Document meetings well for ourselves and community

James, Muriel, Tona: Feel free to add anything I've missed.
Comments and questions are welcome as usual!

Erin