The Everybody Fluid Engage Brainstorming Meeting Thursday, May 7, 12:30a PDT / 1:30p MDG / 3:30p EDT/ 8:30p BST / 9:30p CEST

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Tue May 5 18:53:47 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I'd like to invite you all to a meeting for this Thursday to do some
brainstorming.

Here's the scenario:
The Museum:
You're on a team at The CATT* Museum (a fictional museum, any
similarity to http://www.dbku.gov.my/catmuseum.htm is unintended)
The team is tasked with designing (and creating) an exhibit -- one
that covers the physical, mobile and web spaces.  One that uses
technology in interesting ways to tie together the solution while
engaging the visitors.  The museum is a history museum, focused on the
domestic and wild CATT.  Museum artifacts include but are not limited
to artwork, paintings, sculptures, written materials, audio, and video
of or related to cats.

The Exhibit:
The exhibit we'll be working on is called "Seagoing CATTS" -- for some
inspiration:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship%27s_cat
Use this as a way to structure your thoughts about how you might do
the following:
How will you go about doing this exhibit?
what features will your exhibit have -- think specifically and tie it
in with artifacts
functionalities
kiosks w/ this?
mobile that displays _________?

Please bring at least two specific ideas for features of the exhibit
you'd hope to build as part of the team.  Nothing is too small or
silly an idea at this point.

During this brainstorming meeting we'll walkthrough your ideas and
brainstorm about taking them further and it'll be interesting to see
how they might fit together.

This exercise will give us some ideas for early "micro carrots" for
designers and developers (new to the community and veterans) to start
working on -- to learn Infusion, grease our creative wheels, and get
started on building FE.

To break it down:
all developers and designers who need to develop a mini-carrot
bring one or two ideas for the exhibit
no matter how mundane and crazy
technologically supported ideas -- think technology
or intersection thereof (web, physical, mobile)

goal: brainstorm, apply some of information we have been gathering
from the resources on FE, be creative.
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Engage+Resources

* CATT is an alternate spelling of cat that some members of Fluid use
to refer to our feline friends.

See you in http://breeze.yorku.ca/fluidwork

Best,
Jess