[Decapod] Meeting with visually impaired OCR user.

Jonathan Hung jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:08:42 UTC 2009

Hi everyone.

I have set up a meeting with a student who is a OCR user and requires a
screen reader to do her assignments and readings. The meeting will be on May
14th, 11:30am at the ATRC. She will showing us her workflow and giving us
insights into how she deals with the technology.

While she isn't scanning books for collections, she is scanning portions of
books in small volumes and using OCR with a screen reader to get her work
done. It should be a very insightful.

Jacob and James, I think the next step for us before next Thursday is to
come up with some questions we'd like to ask her. She's a student at UofT,
so it'll be pretty easy to meet with her again if needed.

- Jonathan.

---
Jonathan Hung / jhung.utoronto at gmail.com
Fluid Project - ATRC at University of Toronto
Tel: (416) 946-3002