"inverse" RFId

James William Yoon james.yoon at utoronto.ca
Mon May 4 14:48:42 UTC 2009

That paper's a fantastic find. Thanks, Clayton!

Also, the presentation slides from that paper can be found here:
http://www.archimuse.com/mw2009/abstracts/prg_335001936.html

I like how they provide a list of some of the possibilities with position
information in museums:
- Visitor tracking
- Path prediction
- Exhibit recommendation
- Prediction of exhibit relatedness
- Personalized summaries

I especially like the underlying questions and considerations they provide
that frame's one choice of technology:
- "How accurate do we need to be for 'useful' personalization?"
- Sensing (visitor proximity to object) vs. bookmarking (visitor tagging an
object) vs. tracking (visitor path through the space)

I'll put these links up on the wiki for future reference.

James