UX Toolkit. Whaa?

Erin Yu erin.yu at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 29 16:42:30 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

As I was reorganizing the Fluid website, I was reminded of the
unintuitiveness(!) of the name "UX Toolkit". Some of the new members
our team were confused by the name as I was when I first heard it.

General reactions were:
"What is UX?"
"Toolkit sounds like it's something technical. Something developers
would use."
"Toolkit for user experience. What could it be... Is it like diagrams?"

If I was looking for information on say, "how to do user testing", I
would never think to click on something called "UX Toolkit". We have
great stuff in UX Toolkit, and I think it will be seen and used more
if the name was more intuitive, perhaps something like "Design
Guidelines".

What do others think?

Erin