Testing CSS + FSS

Jacob Farber jacob.farber.work at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:06:09 UTC 2009

This is, of course, a huge problem for doing CSS comparisons.

At the moment, I figured we have no choice but to make a separate wireframe
overlay for each browser/OS configuration, and use that as a reference. The
wireframes should be almost identical, but we need to ensure we're not
dealing with a browser quirk as opposed to an actual bug.
As an aside to address the second point, I will be the first to admit the
FSS CSS is not a pixel perfect system (nor does it try to be) but rather a
very helpful sibling to UI Options, doing what it can for assisting in
layout, text and color manipulation. So, in the end, we leave the
perfect-pixel-pushing to the OCD designer/developers who will tweak what
they need :)
Jacob

--
Jacob Farber