Whats Your Development Env. ?

electBlake electblake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 00:06:27 UTC 2009

Colin,

Thanks for the breakdown! I do have something like that setup now, and
it seems to be working for me. One of the hurtles I'm trying to
overcome is displaying the changes while patches are being reviewed.

I've actually already recieved a GREAT response on this thread and
I've been digesting everything in it. It outlined a great system of
using MacFuse to handle the files in a ftp style with ssh, and then
using your own ssh users' workspace mapped to a unique user url
(username.domain.com for instance)

I've been working hard trying to get it setup, and had some success.
But - I don't seem to have the privileges I need on vulab.yorku.ca to
add virtualhosts or manipulate the live www files.  (I've ask David
Makalsky to help me in contacting right people at york)

Overall, I just like having some sort of public accessible development
version of the site so those who are not equipped to read through
patches can see the progress as it happens, "nightly builds" as it
were :)

Thanks again for your input and I'll let you know how the solution
works out!

Blake