Fwd: More on Fluid's approach to keyboard bindings

Paul Zablosky Paul.Zablosky at ubc.ca
Sat Jan 24 00:12:12 UTC 2009

Hi Allison,
    I did make an attempt to identify the behaviour of common keystrokes
across the Fluid components, and summarize the results in a table.  I
soon found that this is difficult to do -- many of the key controls are
modal, and can't be shoehorned into a 2-dimensional table. ( You really
need a dimension for each mode.)   The result is at
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/x/TJY7  -- which also refers to the DHTML
Style Guide <http://dev.aol.com/dhtml_style_guide>.  The DHTML Style
Guide uses a simple linear list with hierarchies, which may be the best
way to represent the behaviours, but isn't really good for comparison
across components -- or their widgets for that matter.  I never did come
up with a presentation format that really does the job.

Paul