New iteration of UI Options wireframes

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 23 17:47:49 UTC 2009

Very nice work Gary! I have just a few comments:

Re: #1, I would agree that radio buttons make more sense here, as I
think it is less ambiguous. Additionally, it follows the format you
use other places, Like "Table of Contents" in "Easier to Find."

In the "Easier to Find" section, the header includes the word
"Actions" and I don't see a corresponding section below it. Also, I'm
not really sure I know what "Inputs" are (input fields?).

in the "Easier to Control" section I can imagine a little confusion
about how to activate the shortcuts. While I understand why you've
done it this way (to display good defaults), if a shortcut has been
filled in it seems like it should be active and shouldn't have to be
checked too. What if the shortcuts only became editable when the boxes
were checked? This may not be ideal either if we want to show users
the shortcuts are editable -- so maybe there is a different solution?

In the "In my Language" section, I think it would help clarify things
to make the label "Text Alternatives" as it is on the header.  The way
it is now, it almost seems like users are being given alternatives to
having the language of the site be in English.

Cheers,
Allison