New iteration of UI Options wireframes

Gary Thompson gary at unicon.net
Fri Jan 23 17:30:33 UTC 2009

#1 - What is the desire for using a checkbox instead?  For a preference
where the options are Yes or No, the radio buttons with explicit yes and
no options seems to be a better interface than having only a checkbox
for Yes, where the user has to assume that unchecking means No.  I
suppose the label could be switched to Use (or something similar)
instead of Yes, which might make more sense with a checkbox, but why the
checkbox?

#2 - Thanks for reading my mind Jacob.  I am assuming that no one will
want to make the text spacing less than 100% ("normal"), where the
slider handle is flush left because that is the minimum value.

Gary