OSDPL: Icons representing content status

Eli Cochran, UC Berkeley eli at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 23 16:52:26 UTC 2009

Jonathan,
Those states are all a bit conceptual. I suspect that you will need an
icon _and_ text but a distinct (even if not conceptually perfect) icon
for each state would make it easier to distinguish the states. Even a
different color would probably work since I'm not sure that you're
going to be able to capture a concept like "Ready for Review" in an
icon.

The Silk Open Source icon family has a number of icons that might
work. These icons are very small and are getting a bit over-exposed
(please someone come up with another cool OS icon set) but it might be
a good place to start.

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/previews/index_abc.png

- Eli