CSS Testing

Jacob Farber jacob.farber.work at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:00:12 UTC 2009

Thanks very much for the feedback- I have 2 main points inline:

--
I have attached a screen shot I took a while back when I ran into a problem
while testing the robot automation. The image shows the same page opened in

--
I imagine with this method that would include creating new screen shots that
are being compared against. I'm wary of writing tests that compare against

*Some futher thoughts:*

One other way of testing that would be to manually view a test page in each
browser + OS combo, and inspect it for anomalies. This too seems tedious and
time consuming, and riddled with human error.

Another way would be to programmatically inspect the computed style values
of every node on a test page in every browser + OS combo. This seems the
most automatic, yet has the potential to completely miss rendering errors
(something could have the correct computed style yet still be completely
wrong).

Any other thoughts? This discussion is very very helpful
Jacob

--
Jacob Farber
University of Toronto - ATRC