What should be in Fluid-all.js?

Michelle D'Souza michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 19 18:16:40 UTC 2009

The question of what should be in Fluid-all.js came out of the release
bundle testing last week.

This is the list of files currently included in Fluid-all:

jquery-1.2.6.js
jquery.keyboard-a11y.js
jARIA.js
jquery.bgiframe.js
jquery.tooltip.js
ui.core.js
ui.dialog.js
ui.draggable.js
json2.js
swfobject.js
swfupload.js
Fluid.js
ProgressiveEnhancement.js
FluidDOMUtilities.js
GeometricManager.js
Reorderer.js
ModuleLayout.js
LayoutReorderer.js
ImageReorderer.js
Undo.js
InlineEdit.js
Pager.js
Skin.js
UIOptions.js
fastXmlPull.js
fluidParser.js
fluidRenderer.js
FileQueue.js
SWFUploadManager.js
Scroller.js
Progress.js
Uploader.js

There are a couple of javascript files that we ship in our bundle that
are not included in Fluid-all:

InlineEditIntegrations.js
jquery.tinymce.js

There are also javascript files that we only use in samples that are
not included in Fluid-all like the tinymce and fck editors.

So what are we trying to accomplish with Fluid-all? I think the answer
is we want it to be really easy for people integrating our components.
Basically, just drop in a single javascript file and away they go.
They can do that today but not if they want to use rich text inline
edit. Fair enough since rich text inline edit is in sneak peak mode
but what about going forward? It would be crazy to include all
possible rich text editors but do we want to include one? In essence
that's what we are doing with Uploader. We include swf but not Gears.
Regardless of what we decide we really need to document this somewhere.

I think at the very least, the two files I mentioned above that
contain Fluid code that supports rich text inline edit should be
included in Fluid-all. Thoughts?

Michelle

Michelle D'Souza
Software Developer, Fluid Project