New Strategy for release documentation

Justin justin.obara at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 14 17:20:35 UTC 2009

For Infusion 0.5 we cloned all the API docs, which was time consuming.
For the 0.6 release this was not done, which means that a user
interested in docs for the 0.6 release will not find any. Instead they
will only see the trunk docs.

Here is a new strategy for the release documentation.

Instead of cloning, or losing the documentation we can link back to
having pages for each of the various releases. While enabling users to
easily find the relevant documentation for the release they are using,
without having to search the page history.

Steps at release:

1) Ensure the documentation is up-to-date for the current release

2) Remove the info box at the top of the page which links back to the
page for the previous release.

3) Save this page, as it will be the documentation for the current
release

4) Place the info box back and change the link to point at the page
saved in step 3

If you have any thoughts, comments, or question please feel free to
speak with either Michelle or myself.

Thanks
Justin