FLUID-2059 passes

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 8 20:47:00 UTC 2009

Anastasia,

On 8-Jan-09, at 3:28 PM, Anastasia Cheetham wrote:
> Ok, I might just be confused about this (nothing unusual :-)
>
> In Uploader.js, I see
>
>    fluid.defaults("fluid.uploader", {
>        totalProgressBar: {
>            type: "fluid.progress",
>                selectors: {
>                    progressBar: ".fl-scroller-table-foot",
>                    displayElement: ".total-progress",
>                    label: ".total-file-progress",
>                    indicator: ".total-progress"
>                }
>            }
>        },
>
> Is this the type of construct that is no longer necessary?

No, this is cool as-is. These are the defaults for the component,
specified by the component developer.

The bug, as I imagined it, required end-users to re-specify this
"type" parameter, even when all they wanted to do was override one of
the ordinary defaults. In fact this isn't the case at all.

So, obviously a component developer still needs to define the default
type of their subcomponents in the defaults. Users shouldn't have to
specify a type unless they, in fact, actually want to use a different
type of component.

Make sense?