FLUID-2059 passes

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 8 20:28:32 UTC 2009

On 8-Jan-09, at 3:01 PM, Colin Clark wrote:

> On 7-Jan-09, at 4:59 PM, Anastasia Cheetham wrote:
>> If this checks out, then does that mean that any code that used the
>> "type" parameter to specify where options should go can be updated
>> to not do this? If so, will this change be made for 0.7?
>
> If there are examples that use the "type" parameter unnecessarily,
> those can be fixed. The only case I can think of is in the image-
> gallery, which I'll go ahead and fix.
>
> The type parameter is still valid for users who want to change the
> type of a particular component. If there's any documentation that
> specifically says that you must specify a type even when you only
> want to override the subcomponent's options, that's a bug.

Ok, I might just be confused about this (nothing unusual :-)

In Uploader.js, I see

     fluid.defaults("fluid.uploader", {
         totalProgressBar: {
             type: "fluid.progress",
                 selectors: {
                     progressBar: ".fl-scroller-table-foot",
                     displayElement: ".total-progress",
                     label: ".total-file-progress",
                     indicator: ".total-progress"
                 }
             }
         },

Is this the type of construct that is no longer necessary?

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca