Fruit reorder example and screen-readers

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Mon Jan 5 00:40:19 UTC 2009

Good evening,

Last month, when I was in Toronto, some of us met and discussed how
disorienting the fruit reorder example can be for a screen-reader user,
because it is a table and not a vertical or horizontal list.

I just started playing with Chess on OS X Leopard.  I would recommend to
anyone who has the opportunity to try playing around with Chess with
Voiceover enabled to get an idea of how disorienting it can be (Chess is
actually a good example of how a grid can be voiced, but still a bit
disorienting).

HTH,
Everett