load testing for customBuild

Laurel A. Williams laurel.williams at utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 28 14:11:10 UTC 2009

Hi Justin

It isn't clear to me what you mean from your email but I'll take a stab
at it and you can tell me if I've understood.

I think you are saying that you want me to load test the production of
the customBuild page (ie. hitting the server to grab the data to
populate the rendered page). I am already doing that as noted in my
first email (This was what I marked as (1) but maybe I wasn't clear) -
although the page isn't rendered, it is returned, with the json data.
And, as I noted originally, I think that getting the data from the
server is the most critical issue for load testing, so I'm pretty happy
with load testing just that.

If you are saying you'd like to add a load test of rendering that data,
then I'll  be happy to start searching for another tool to perform  the
task, since jMeter will not do it.

Laurel