[Infusion-users] Uploader & Firefox 3.5

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:47:42 UTC 2009

Hi Matt,

On 27-Aug-09, at 5:26 PM, Matt Zumwalt wrote:

> Someone squashed the chatter on the SWFUpload forums because the
> reference/demo implementation still works in Firefox 3.5.  I didn't
> save the link to that post (sorry).  People seemed to take that to
> mean that it's not an SWFUpload problem.  Possibly their
> implementation doesn't use the SetButtonDisabled function though?
> Is that function part of their library or did you roll it on your own?

Interesting! setButtonDisabled is part of their public API, but as far
as I know their examples don't use it. When I get back into town I'll
try to roll a simple demo and file a bug with SWFUpload, since it's
pretty clearly a bug on the Flash side of their code.

> You guys are using JQuery, not Dojo, right? There's info about Dojo
> quirks with Firefox 3.5, less info about JQuery having troubles.

Yep, we're using jQuery. I haven't heard much about jQuery problems
with FF 3.5, so hopefully we're okay except for this particular issue.
Justin will be kicking of the QA process for Infusion 1.2 soon, and
that should confirm it for us.

Thanks for the information, this is really helpful.