Externals-only module in SVN (was Re: Proposal for change to repository governance - follow-on)

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 18 19:49:15 UTC 2009

HI All,

A couple months ago, Antranig made this suggestion for creating a
externals-only module of our SVN repository that pulls together all of
the separate Fluid code bases into a single directory structure. This
will help solve the problem many of us face where we end up getting
multiple checkouts of Infusion all over the place.

People generally thought it was a good approach, and I do too. I'm
going to go ahead and implement this as follows:

http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/fluid/
   fluid-all/
     .externals
     engage/    -> http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/incubator/engage-client/