Accessibility Conference @ National Gallery of Canada

Alison Benjamin alison.benjamin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:08:35 UTC 2009

Upcoming conference of in Ottawa:

Collections, Connections and Communities: making museums and galleries
in Canada inclusive and accessible

How do Museums and galleries develop new audiences and adapt to a
diverse population? How do we facilitate the meaningful involvement of
the very communities we aspire to represent through our exhibitions,
curatorial research and interpretive planning?

from museums and galleries across Canada, this national conference
will examine these and other topics which address new and innovative
ways to make exhibitions, programs and spaces more accessible for all
visitors, including those with disabilities.

Speakers will include Catherine Frazee, John Kennedy, Alan Shain, Nina
Levent, John Rae, Ravi Malhotra, Elizabeth Sweeney etc.

Organized and hosted by the National Gallery of Canada. Sponsored by
The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation, in partnership with the Canada
Science and Technology Museum and Sign Language Interpreting
Associates Ottawa Inc.

1 - 4 October, 2009
National Gallery of Canada
380 Sussex Drive