Standup on Adobe Connect -- if you're having problems read this please

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Thu Apr 30 20:12:16 UTC 2009

I work from home, so I have had just about every possible problem with
Adobe Connect/ Mmedia Breeze.

First thing I do is connect directly to my router with a wire from my
laptop.  So, I'm not really wireless.  I think people connecting with
wireless have more problems with packet loss and slowness.  A direct
connection will help with packet delay.  Connect will store up packets
and then deliver them in a comical speed.  Your goal should be to get
as direct and speedy a connection as you can...

If I have issues still I will close out of bandwidth-heavy
applications like my Twitter client, my IRC client, my Mail client,
and any one of the number of Instant Messaging clients I have open.

Within the interface there are a few things you can do:
1. Install the connect add-in -- It will help your connection since
you won't be going through your own browser.
2. You can set the connection speed from the menu Meeting > My
Connection Speed
3. You can freeze your image (so you aren't actively sending video) by
un-pressing the video button below the camera and voice window
3. We can change the session to Slow Images or even Camera Off in the
lower right corner of the camera and voice window setting button if we
still can't get it right (this is a setting that affects everyone).

Please contact me if you are still having issues with this.  For best
results follow these suggestions and have a headset for better audio.

See you at standup!

Best,
Jess

Jess Mitchell