My notes from yesterday's meeting with DIA

Erin Yu erin.yu at utoronto.ca
Wed Apr 29 21:38:34 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

Here are some additional things from my notes. It is astonishing how
long it an exhibition to materialize, typically 3-5 years they said!

Erin

-------------
McCord is in the process of reinstalling their entire collection.
Trying to do it in a visitor-centered manner (just like our User
Centeredness!)
Organizing the art based on visitor research and learning theory:
understanding what they came for, how they experience the exhibit
Giving people the technology: Using it in a personal way. Allowing for
different ways to think about the collection.
Process of developing an exhibition: typically 3-5 years. Interested
in ways to cut it down.
Conversation about ideas
Research and development
Interpretation