Uploader API need Review

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 27 15:52:44 UTC 2009

On 24-Apr-09, at 6:03 PM, Colin Clark wrote:

> In general, a user won't need to worry about any subcomponent-
> related configuration options unless they do one of two things:
>
> 1. Change the default template and want to rebind their selectors
> 2. Create their own alternative implementations of a subcomponent

What I tried in the Pager API docs is to separate out the subcomponent
options from the rest. It's not a "general vs. advanced" distinction,
but it recognizes that subcomponents are a bit different than other
options.

> That said, I'm wondering if perhaps the our API documentation should
> be treated as reference documentation: a comprehensive view of the
> features offered by a component. Our tutorials, on the other hand,
> would be the place where users are guided through standard and
> simple ways of using a component.

This is generally the approach I've been trying to take with the docs:
API page as full, technical reference; Tutorial as guide.

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca