Fluid Infusion 0.5 Released!

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 30 16:37:20 UTC 2008

The Fluid Project is pleased to announce the final release of Fluid
Infusion 0.5, featuring performance improvements, consolidated APIs,
and a new Undo feature in Inline Edit.

Infusion 0.5 is available for download at:

http://fluidproject.org/index.php/downloads

What's New in This Release?

New features of this release include:

    * Our APIs have changed: we are consolidating the "look and feel"
of the component APIs
    * Huge improvements to the Reorderer, including speed and
consistency
    * New Inline Edit feature: Undo
    * Many bug fixes

What is Fluid Infusion?

Fluid Infusion is a collection of rich, reusable, accessible user
interface components built for the Web. These components have been
designed by a cross-disciplinary team and thoroughly tested for
usability and accessibility. By incorporating Fluid components into
your web application's user interface, you will make your application
easier to use by more people. Easier to use means happier users.

Known Issues

An up-to-date listing of known issues with this release is available at:
http://issues.fluidproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10113

Help us Build a Usable Web For Everyone

The Fluid Project is an open, collaborative development project. Our
goal is to improve the user experience of community source web
applications, so if you are a designer or developer and want to help
change the world, consider getting involved! The Fluid component
library includes not only full source code but also a designer's
toolkit that offers useful design, accessibility, and usability
strategies and documentation, all backed by a growing community of
interaction designers, user interface experts, and software developers
contributing a wealth of expertise in usability and accessibility.

Many thanks to everyone in the community for their hard work and
support for this release.

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca