Reorderer components' name change

Gary Thompson gary at unicon.net
Wed Sep 24 22:19:17 UTC 2008

Anastasia provides a good and (to my memory) accurate summary of
arriving at Layout Customizer.

Customizer and Reorderer are both peculiar names because of the "er" at
the end, but that is to simply state "something that customizes" or
"something that reorders".  Customize is a much broader term than
reorder.  If I were to be particular about the name, I might think about
dropping both Customizer and Reorder and call it Drag and Drop, a more
common and recognizable term, and more descriptive of what it really
does -- if you discount keyboard usage.  Since we cannot discount
keyboard usage, I believe Reorderer to be the better label as it is more
descriptive than Customizer and it keeps everything in the family with
consistency.  So...

Reorderer
Image Reorderer
Layout Reorderer
List Reorderer

That would be my vote.  Maybe we could ask a few Fluid-ignorant people
"what do you think a Layout Reorderer is?" and see if people get it.

Gary