Reorderer components' name change

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 24 18:06:03 UTC 2008

On 24-Sep-08, at 1:38 PM, Jess Mitchell wrote:

> This is a really good question that gave my mind pause the other day
> when I thought of it.  Anastasia -- what do you think would be best
> from the user-of-code perspective?

I think it would be confusing to users if the names were not
consistent. For the most part, everything else *is* consistent. To use
the list reorderer, you call reorderList(); to use the inline edit,
you call inlineEdit(); to use the image reorderer, you call lightbox()??

Regarding filenames, we do have the Fluid-all.js file (which avoids
the need to know the indiviual file names), but the documentation does
list the individual file requirements for those who wish to use them,
and requiring LayoutCustomizer.js (for example) to use the Layout
Reorderer would be odd.

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca