More Fluid.js changes...
colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 22 14:44:03 UTC 2008
Just prior to code freeze, I made a few more changes to Fluid.js, all
in the name of reducing our download footprint:
* The fluid.util namespace has been removed entirely. Any functions
within it were deemed of such utility that they have been promoted to
the top-level fluid namespace.
* fluid.formatFileSize() has been moved to
fluid.Uploader.formatFileSize() inside Uploader.js
* fluid.roles, fluid.keys, and fluid.keysets have been moved into the
fluid.reorderer namespace in Reorderer.js. Other components that need
key constants should use the keyboard-a11y plugin instead.
* fluid.findKey has been renamed to fluid.findKeyInObject to better
describe its purpose
pure DOM functions that provide optimized implementations in cases
where working on jQueries is too slow. These are a rare bunch, and at
the moment are only required by the Reordererd due to its performance
requirements. These functions include:
* I reorganized Fluid.js so related functions are grouped together in
the file. This should make browsing through it a little easier. It's
also been heavily lintified.
Renaming and relocating functions can be pretty challenging in
know, I've tested these changes with all our unit tests and sample
code files, but please let me know if I've missed any.
Technical Lead, Fluid Project
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre, University of Toronto
More information about the fluid-work