More Fluid.js changes...

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 22 14:44:03 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Just prior to code freeze, I made a few more changes to Fluid.js, all
in the name of reducing our download footprint:

* The fluid.util namespace has been removed entirely. Any functions
within it were deemed of such utility that they have been promoted to
the top-level fluid namespace.

* fluid.formatFileSize() has been moved to
fluid.Uploader.formatFileSize() inside Uploader.js

* fluid.roles, fluid.keys, and fluid.keysets have been moved into the
fluid.reorderer namespace in Reorderer.js. Other components that need
key constants should use the keyboard-a11y plugin instead.

* fluid.findKey has been renamed to fluid.findKeyInObject to better
describe its purpose

* I've created a new JavaScript file called FluidDOMUtilities.js for
pure DOM functions that provide optimized implementations in cases
where working on jQueries is too slow. These are a rare bunch, and at
the moment are only required by the Reordererd due to its performance
requirements. These functions include:

fluid.dom.iterateDom
fluid.dom.computeAbsolutePosition
fluid.dom.isContainer
fluid.dom.insertAfter
fluid.dom.isWhitespaceNode
fluid.dom.isIgnorableNode
fluid.dom.cleanseScripts
fluid.dom.dumpEl

* I reorganized Fluid.js so related functions are grouped together in
the file. This should make browsing through it a little easier. It's
also been heavily lintified.

Renaming and relocating functions can be pretty challenging in
JavaScript  without the benefit of refactoring tools. As far as I
know, I've tested these changes with all our unit tests and sample
code files, but please let me know if I've missed any.