Fluid Course Administration & Content Management Personas available

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 16 18:00:21 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

Recently Daphne, Erin and I started cleaning up the personas developed
during the Fluid Content Management Research (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Content+Management+Research
). Our goal is to eventually put them into this final format (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Persona+Format
), which we hope will be as digestible as possible for folks using them.

This set of "Course Administration and Content Management" personas is
one of the models we developed to represent the findings from this
user research, and can be found here: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Fluid+Personas
. We expanded the name to include Course Administration as well as
Content Management, as we learned during our research that this was
another important related area for our users.

The personas are used to inform the design and development process of
Fluid Components, and will also be useful to communities working on
projects in the Course Administration & Content Management domain.
After discussing how we could best use these personas in our work on
Fluid Components, we organized the personas into three groups:
Primary, Secondary, and Auxiliary. Information on the ways we use
these different types of personas can be found here: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Fluid+Personas#FluidPersonas-types
.

We believe it is likely that most Fluid components will have the same
primary and secondary personas, but we will evaluate this on a
component-by-component basis and make adjustments as necessary. We may
also use some of the auxiliary personas if they better represent the
type of user we want to focus on for a particular component.
Additionally, we will be looking to our partner communities to help us
create new categories of Fluid Personas for domains like Collections
Management or Student Information Systems.

Although our work is still in progress (and should be nearly finalized
by the 0.5 release), we would love to hear any feedback from the
community about the format or the personas themselves.

Thanks!
Allison

Allison Bloodworth
Senior User Interaction Designer