Component families laid out on the wiki.

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 16 01:16:04 UTC 2008

Yea, I think you are getting close Jonathon.  I wonder if adding a 1-
liner for the category would help?  I like the idea of skipping
"family" and referring to the functionality.

A couple other comments about the page:

-  I think "Designed Beautifully" is too narrow and lends to the
misconception that design = graphic design.  I'm struggling to come up
with the adverb and don't love this but how about "User Friendly.
Technically Friendly."?   That could lead to "who's the user" but
maybe that's the point.  Fluid components are friendly to all users
from end users of the contexts they live in to integrators :).

- Also, the category for Inline Edit should probably be "Editing
inline" or something similar rather than "Text Editing" since editing
dropdowns, dates, etc. are on the radar in this family.

-Daphne

On Sep 15, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Jess Mitchell wrote:

> Not sure this is quite getting to it, though this is a good start.
> I'm afraid I don't have any recommendations for how to do things
> differently.  Not very helpful, eh?
>
> Jess
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Jess Mitchell
> Boston, MA, USA
> Project Manager / Fluid Project
> jess at jessmitchell.com
> / w / 617.326.7753  / c / 919.599.5378
> jabber: jessmitchell at gmail.com
> http://www.fluidproject.org
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> On Sep 15, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Jonathan Hung wrote:
>
>> Following the discussion on "Component" families, I have modified
>> the layout of the Component page on the wiki to convey this new
>> grouping.
>>
>> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Components
>>
>> Rather than using a family "name", I just described the
>> functionality being offered as it feels less awkward and reads a
>> little smoother . Example: "Reordering Items" instead of "Reorderer
>> Family".
>>
>> Not every component is accounted for (inline edit is missing 4
>> "children"), but I'd like to get your feedback on the work so far.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> - Jonathan.
>>
>> ---
>> Jonathan Hung / jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca