Design Patterns library name change (domain name and branding)

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Mon Sep 15 16:16:15 UTC 2008

Dear All,

Before this thread grows like a snowball let me try to avoid that with
my conversation-killing thoughts:

I think the question of renaming the OSDPL is premature and rather
than spend our cycles debating it, we should build it:

We have a laundry-list of tasks that need to be accomplished to make
the Library more usable and more capable of handling the needs of a
broader community -- we're responding to growth we're already feeling
+ anticipated growth.  Conversations about the community and the name
(at this point) are merely distractions from the work at hand.  We
have a way forward.

We've spent a lot of good time thinking through the OSDPL, its
mission, its goals, what kinds of patterns we anticipate
accommodating, etc.  That's all well-documented in the wiki.  http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/OSDPL+Working+Group

Now we're building.

Jonathan, I will work more closely with you to prioritize the work
(specifically the tasks) and ensure we're continuing our good march
forward.

Thanks,
Jess

Jess Mitchell