Naming of RAC

eli at eli at
Fri Sep 12 16:29:32 UTC 2008

I like it. Very playful, much like Fluid.

My negative connotations are more like coyote (if you know native american
tales) than, well, I'd make a usa-centric political smear that would
probably add an inch to my FBI file, so I'll leave it to your imagination.

- Eli

> Hello,
> I just did a quick look up of the meaning. There are some negative
> connotations to the word RASCAL. Not sure if you are worried about
> that or not, but provided a link to the definition just in case.
> Thanks
> Justin
> On 12-Sep-08, at 10:16 AM, Ron Owston wrote:
>> You'll recall we had a discussion a short time ago about the
>> possible re-naming of the remote recording component of VULab.
>> Currently it's called RAC (remote activity capture). I liked Mike
>> Elledge's suggestion of RASC (remote activity screen capture). This
>> made me think of calling the tool RASCAL (remote activity screen
>> capture and logger)! My logic is that future releases of RAC will
>> add keystroke and other activity logging. A quick google search
>> showed a few other software applications with this name including
>> one called Rythmn Rascal. So my thought was to call our application
>> Screen RASCAL. Any other thoughts about this or other names?
>> Ron
>> _______________________________________________
>> fluid-work mailing list
>> fluid-work at
> _______________________________________________
> fluid-work mailing list
> fluid-work at

More information about the fluid-work mailing list