Naming of RAC

Justin justin.obara at
Fri Sep 12 14:32:52 UTC 2008


I just did a quick look up of the meaning. There are some negative  
connotations to the word RASCAL. Not sure if you are worried about  
that or not, but provided a link to the definition just in case.


On 12-Sep-08, at 10:16 AM, Ron Owston wrote:

> You'll recall we had a discussion a short time ago about the  
> possible re-naming of the remote recording component of VULab.  
> Currently it's called RAC (remote activity capture). I liked Mike  
> Elledge's suggestion of RASC (remote activity screen capture). This  
> made me think of calling the tool RASCAL (remote activity screen  
> capture and logger)! My logic is that future releases of RAC will  
> add keystroke and other activity logging. A quick google search  
> showed a few other software applications with this name including  
> one called Rythmn Rascal. So my thought was to call our application  
> Screen RASCAL. Any other thoughts about this or other names?
> Ron
> _______________________________________________
> fluid-work mailing list
> fluid-work at

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the fluid-work mailing list