Reorderer for Sakai

John Leasia jleasia at umich.edu
Fri Sep 12 11:53:27 UTC 2008

I can find out from Steve Lonn who gave the input to the survey he runs,
and Diana may have some users.

I think the idea is for it is that the user sets some order that then
becomes the default for anyone viewing the list. Anyone can continue to
sort however they want during their session, but the order set by a site
maintainer (when they reorder and save or update or whatever)  is the
default they get when first coming into the tool or when clicking the
'restart' icon.  I don't know that you need any special case for 1st on
top - if they set whatever one they want on top it stays that way as the
default.

Say announcements are made in order of a1, a2, a3 (a1 made first). List
shows a3 a2 a1 (a3 at top). The maintainer reorders to a2 a1 a3 and
saves. Anyone coming into the tool sees the list as a2 a1 a3. Student
sorts by date or whatever and changes the order. They see the list in
the new sorted order. They click restart and it goes back to a2 a1 a3.
Or student logs out and next time they come to the tool the list is a2
a1 a3.  Same for instructor - they can sort however they want, but
unless they reorder it they see the new sort only until they click
restart to get the default, or logout and come back to the tool in a
fresh session.

John