Reorderer for Sakai

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 11 22:14:38 UTC 2008

Hey John,

Might there be someone to talk to about their scenario briefly?

Since announcements is time based it gets tricky when we start
reordering the list.  If the user moves a message up to the top of the
list that is older than the ones below it, what happens when they then
sort on date?  Is this an order that they want remembered in the long
term?  I'm confident we can come up with a design solution but better
understanding what they are trying to do would help us do the right
thing here.  Even if it is a work around, we want it to be the best
work around it can be :).

For the use case of keeping an important announcement at the top, I'm
adding in the ability to mark it as always keep it on the top for
instance.

Thanks!

Daphne

daphne at media.berkeley.edu