Reorderer for Sakai

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Wed Sep 10 17:52:50 UTC 2008

John,

I wondered the same thing and then in a meeting with Gonzalo I blurted
out the following:
I can imagine the case where you have announcements listed in order of
entry, but you want to prioritize one announcement out of its
chronological entry.  Rather than having to enter the announcement
again, you can just drag it to the top of the list.

Think of the "to-dos" in iCal (if you happen to use iCal).  I can drag
them into a "priority" of listing from top to bottom in addition to
assigning them a priority.  I imagine the same top to bottom priority
would be useful in announcements?

I've no idea if this is what John L. had in mind and quite frankly, if
it is a use case, then it's my first!

Best,
Jess

Jess Mitchell