Reorderer family of components

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 10 16:15:01 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

We're getting somewhere here! I wanted to try to visualize how the
Reorderer works, in the hope that it will clarify the relationship
between various the flavours we offer.

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Reorderer+and+its+Family

In short, the Reorderer is one component with several layers: the
component itself, some rules about how the interaction should work,
and a look and feel. In general, this is a good way to think about how
all our components are built.

Layout Customizer, along with lists and grids, live at the Rules
layer. Lightbox lives at the Look and Feel layer.

Let me know if this is useful, or if you have any suggestions for how
to improve it,

Colin