Screen Reader Testing Needed

Michael S Elledge elledge at msu.edu
Wed Sep 10 14:13:44 UTC 2008

Hi All--

The protocol would be dependent on the particular widget being tested.
In full site or application tests, we determine the most common tasks
that will be done by users, or those where we suspect there may be
greater difficulty. In the Fluid tests, it would be a similar approach,
although I would imagine that there would be fewer steps for users to
take to accomplish each task, and the tasks would be more on the order
of "Move this item to the end of the list" or "Sort this list
alphabetically."

It may also be helpful to separate our thinking about user testing from
QA, since, at least in the Sakai world, QA has consisted of banging away
at the application to identify things that don't work, or applying a
generic protocol (in the case of accessibility) to make sure tools are
compliant.

It's really quite distinct from user testing in which we're trying to
see what works best for users, not whether it works at all. Does this
make sense to everyone?

Mike