Design Patterns library name change (domain name and branding)

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 9 19:35:55 UTC 2008

Did I hear on standup that osdpl.org is taken?  Is that the reason for
the change?  I think I'm a bit slow -- it's not clear to me from the
list below why the current name doesn't work.

I think it's important to keep library in the name since it is a
collection of design patterns and design pattern libraries are a
common design resource these days.  So if we need to change the name,
how about "Open Design Pattern Library".

-Daphne

On Sep 9, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Jonathan Hung wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I would like to explore the idea of changing "Open Source Design
> Pattern Library" to something new. The reason behind this is:
>
> 1) We are currently using uidesignpatterns.org, but we may expand
> beyond UI patterns.
>
> 2) We are bit too Fluid-centric - to appeal to a broader audience,
> we are going to become a bit more generic in content. This means the
> logo on the site will likely be changed and "osdpl.fluidproject.org"
> will probably be redirected to a new domain.
>
> 3) We are trying to leverage the idea of inclusiveness and openess
> and having branding and a domain that conveys that would be helpful.
>
> 4) We want a cohesive and clear image presented to the user. This
> unifying our project under a single name and banner will help our
> efforts.
>

> With that, I would love to hear your suggestions for the project and
> recommendations for a domain (hopefully it's available).
>
> My thoughts:
>
> Project Name:
> "Open Design Pattern Community"
>
> Domain: