Screen Reader Testing Needed

Justin justin.obara at utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 9 18:51:25 UTC 2008

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the reply, please see my comments below

- Justin
On 9-Sep-08, at 2:19 PM, Michael S Elledge wrote:

> Hi Justin--
>
> I've found that the best approach is to go through a site as if you
> were a screen reader user, i.e., using common user commands,
> listening to page content and trying out functionality.
>
> I can put together a protocol for reviewing a page/component for you
> to try.

If you could send me a protocol that would be very helpful. My biggest
concern right now is that I'm not actually using the screen reader
like a screen reader user would. A protocol for any of our components
on the daily build page would be good (build.fluidproject.org)

> In actual user testing, we ask screen reader users to perform the
> same tasks as sighted users.

I should look into this. I suppose I should do a preliminary pass to
test it first before getting a user to try it.