Design Patterns library name change (domain name and branding)

Jonathan Hung jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 9 17:02:48 UTC 2008

Hi everyone.

I would like to explore the idea of changing "Open Source Design Pattern
Library" to something new. The reason behind this is:

1) We are currently using uidesignpatterns.org, but we may expand beyond UI
patterns.

2) We are bit too Fluid-centric - to appeal to a broader audience, we are
going to become a bit more generic in content. This means the logo on the
site will likely be changed and "osdpl.fluidproject.org" will probably be
redirected to a new domain.

3) We are trying to leverage the idea of inclusiveness and openess and
having branding and a domain that conveys that would be helpful.

4) We want a cohesive and clear image presented to the user. This unifying
our project under a single name and banner will help our efforts.

With that, I would love to hear your suggestions for the project and
recommendations for a domain (hopefully it's available).

My thoughts:

Project Name:
"Open Design Pattern Community"

Domain: