JIRA cloning and issue templates

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Mon Sep 8 21:11:27 UTC 2008

Hey y'all,

Thanks for following this down the rabbit hole.

I don't think the effort to do JIRA scripting is warranted here.  I
think we can focus on creating JIRAs for the currently-working-on
components now and can revisit older components as we need them.  In
the next few months we'll be doing some integration work that will
allow us to revisit older components and also give us a chance to
(re)organize things in JIRA and get a feel for what it's like to
iterate through those phases again.  We're bound to learn more about
how to organize ourselves while we do that integration work and
iterate on those framework phases.

So, though it might be the *right* thing to do technically, I'm gonna
say let's stick to what we have even though it's heinous since it's
finite and we've got a number of components already represented in JIRA.

Since this process is new to us and we're still working out the best
way to organize ourselves, I'd recommend we just focus on those
components we're working on now.  And we can have some flexibility in
this since we aren't going to rely on the existence of all framework
JIRAs to do progress indication.  So, perhaps we can focus on up-
coming JIRA tasks for components and when we have some moments
backfill the already worked on ones.

Best,
Jess

Jess Mitchell