Component Progress Indicators

John Norman john at caret.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 15:12:28 UTC 2008

I got an offlist comment about reorderer which made me revisit the
site and I got confused. Nico helped me out. The issue is that
components are presented as peers, but (as Nico presented it) the
reordered is like a parent (or container component) for two other
components - lightbox and layout customiser. So if we are looking at
using layout customiser, we are necessarily looking at using Reorderer.

I had not properly understood this and would suggest that the site
presentation of all components as peers does not help discovery of
this relationship/dependency. Reusing the lightbox image for the
reorderer component at http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Components
  does not help. A parent component that does not have a UI might be
better represented by a snippet of code image.

Just a suggestion.

John