Fwd: approach to CSS themes and skinning

Jacob Farber jacob.farber at utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 5 14:17:54 UTC 2008

Im just including this conversation on the list especially since I think you
hit the nail on the head.
"Am pretty sure that we need to occupy a middle ground between ³whatever²
and
³exactly this²  - I am certain that we can write a schema that would satisfy
most cases  either by accounting for permutations, or by abstraction."
And that very schema will be an ongoing challenge, especially as more
partners and components arrive.
I'm taking a simple approach to the problem just to gradually see how
complex it is: component by component, then merging and abstracting whatever
I come up with. Then trying it again with something larger than components
(like sites + components)

RSF, the Template Renderer, and the like are probably something we should
dive deeper into and see if there is something we can take away or work
with.
Perhaps Colin or Antranig can better explain their purposes and
capabilities....

-Jacob